Sunday, October 9, 2011

Random shots from Hong Kong - with People Instead of Food

A few photos from our day in Hong Kong. We were still pretty jet lagged Friday night, and our sleep rhythms had not quite adjusted, so we were up really early Saturday morning.  Dad woke up early, and therefore, I was up earlier than I expected. We hit the city around 7:00. The locals were all sleeping in, and the city was ours to explore. So we set out looking for food. 

We found a food stall and my brother used his limited Cantonese to point at the menu and order some rice gruel and fried bread.  Jeff and I shared a bowl of congee with chicken - dad had a bowl with some unrecognized pig parts included. He was not a fan.  Breakfast was an adventure away from the touristy areas and something that I will always remember. 

Then we headed into the city.
Dad is convinced that his pork pieces came from this hanging meat displayed in the alley next to our breakfast spot.  He continues to tell us that he saw someone slaughtering a pig in the alley.  Butchering, perhaps - but not slaughtering.  But it is his story and he is sticking to it.

Into the city - notice that there is no one around.  Only the silly Anglos up at this time of the morning.


At the peak with my brother Jeff overlooking the city

Dad and I - Dad is on the left. You can see where my brother and I get our good looks!  But we smile when we see a camera. Hahaha

This way - no this way.

On the Star Ferry across Hong Kong harbor.  Off to dinner.

1, 2, 3, smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment