Monday, November 14, 2011

Thoughts from the Saddle

Today I sent a request to several of my former managers to write an endorsement for me on LinkedIn. I am not actively searching for a new job, but you never know who is looking at your profile. And as a good boy scout, one must always be prepared to open the door of success when opportunity knocks.

Tonight in spin class, I started thinking that this request was a little like having an argument with your partner in which you tell them that if they would only do _________, you would know that they really cared. The blank is often filled in with "buy me a box of candy, send me flowers, surprise me by cooking dinner, put down the toilet seat, rub my shoulders, do that thing we saw on the internet last week."  You get the picture.

Somehow, like the resulting gifts following the above "discussion about my feelings," I am guessing that the emotional payoff will somehow be sullied by the need to ask.  Perhaps I am just feeling a little emotional or sensitive this week, but if you really loved me, you would know what I want - I shouldn't have to ask for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep! Passive aggressive muscles still strong - Hahahaha.
Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment