Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Motivation. Motivation. Where for art thou, motivation?

Suprisingly I got a lot of work done yesterday, despite the little side trip to the beach around 1:30.  On the way home, we stopped to pick up the Thanksgiving day turkey and a pumpkin cheesecake at Whole Foods. While at the store, I texted my friend Johnny Bravo to see what his plans were for the week. He was free Tuesday night so we decided to get together for a quick dinner. Oddly, he did not ask where or what I wanted to eat, but since he is in the hospitality industry, I trusted his choice.  And, he made a great one. 

Cafe Casablanca is situated along the Ft. Lauderdale beach. We sat at the outside bar and had a great view of the beach walkway.  The weather was breezy, but quite balmy - just perfect for sitting outside and having a leisurely dinner. After a beer and a seared ahi tuna appetizer, we ordered dinner and a bottle of wine. I had the duck, Johnny had an outstanding mediterranean inspired chicken dish. We finished up with snifters of chocolate liqueur spiked with a shot of expresso.  Besides the great atmospher, conversation, and alcohol it was also "Industry" night at the restaurant - so our bill was 50% off.  It was great catching up with an old friend.

We met up with John and Jay at Rosie's in Wilton Manors for a night cap. Although I had worked all day, I was starting to feel a bit like I was on vacation.  Hmmmm - perhaps that is why I am having such a difficult time focusing on work this morning.

I will be signing out of the company web connection around noon to help John finish the shopping and to prepare food for tomorrow's all day feeding festival. John and Jay are hosting a fund raising brunch for around 50 people from 10:00 - 3:00 (Myer's Rum & Croissant French Toast, with bacon, sausage, fresh fruit and a full service bar) benefiting the Poverello Center of Wilton Manors. They will then be serving a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner starting around 7:00. It will be a fun day to contemplate my family and friends who together make my life so happy, exciting, rewarding, and unspeakably fabulous.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment