Monday, July 30, 2012

Thoughts from the Dungeon

Warning: Some may consider this entry as TMI or to be mildly offensive to your high moral standards. Just saying....

Carl and I took another trip up to the mountains this past weekend - our second weekend trip. He has a permanent campsite in eastern Tennessee, which has all the comforts of home, plus the promise of slightly cooler weather. Luckily, we were both able to head out early Thursday afternoon, and we worked from the campsite (mobile trailer home) on Friday. So, it was almost like a long holiday weekend.

Throughout the summer, there are various weekend themes at the campground. There are the patriotically themed weekends for Memorial, Independence, and Labor days. There are campy themed weekends, such as the Sordid Lives trailer park trash celebration and parade, as well as biker weeks. Those folks with permanent camp sights roll with the themes, while the tent and temporary campers are treated to a quirky weekend experience.

This past weekend was Domination themed. Do I even need to provide more information on that?  It was hosted by the Western North Carolina Leather Association as a fundraiser for their local charities. As you can imagine, there was a decidedly fetishy feel to the weekend. Much different from our last visit over the Independence Day holiday.

So, after Carl and I finished up our work day on Friday, we attended an afternoon cocktail party hosted by the group, followed by a cookout hosted by our camp neighbors (Doug and Jerry). We then had a nap and later headed over to the tavern for a few drinks and dancing. As part of the weekend, the host group set up a shielded area behind one of the guest houses in which there were quite a few apparatuses (apparati?) designed for bondage activities. On the way home from the tavern, we stopped into this makeshift Dungeon to see some demonstrations - after all, who can resist a little light bondage before bed?

There were several demo stations set up and people were milling around. One station was a St. Andrew's cross, which is like a large X with shackles for hands and feet. A person was bound, blindfolded, and gagged on this contraption and there was a leather flogging tool draped across their shoulder. 

I experienced a moral dilemma. What should one do in this situation? Here was someone patiently waiting to be flogged. The scene was set. The tools were present. No one was stepping up. The submissive seemed eager. So...... I stepped forward and firmly grasped the implement. It felt good in my hand. I gave a few experimental whacks, which the sub seemed to find pleasurable. I felt encouraged. I asked for a safe-word, because "safety first" is not just a slogan. I then assumed the role and let loose.

I must have tapped into some previously undiscovered 50 Shades of Gray part of my personality because there was something strangely pleasurable about the experience. And, as a crowd gathered around, I left my inhibitions behind and let my imagination take over.

20 minutes later:
  • As someone who avoids physical violence at all cost, I felt oddly contented.
  • The dungeon master referred to the session as a master class in flogging (I blush).
  • Carl, on the other hand, was horrified. On the way back to the "trailer home" he simply repeated: "I don't know you. I don't know you at all. Who are you?"

Luckily, neither of us won the St. Andrews cross given away as a door prize the next night.....LOL

1 comment:

  1. Fanfreakingtabulous. That takes "power bottom" to a whole new level. I believe it's called a "rope top" in BDSM parlance. #ThingsILearnedAtIML

    ReplyDelete