Monday, February 20, 2012

Wayne Brady Clicks my Button

Wayne Brady
Each year, the RSVP staff arrange for a special guest entertainer, who is not usually announced until just before the trip. Last year we had Debbie Gibson (Electric Youth) and this year it was Wayne Brady (WhoseLine is it Anyway?). 

Once we were back on board following our memorable dinner at Marmalade, we headed to the main stage for a some light entertainment. 

Since we were early, we got seats very close to the stage. When the show started, Wayne’s partner in crime came out and announced that members of the audience would be asked to participate. My heart began to sink. 

Of course in the first set of the act, I was called upon. Fortunately, I did not have to go on stage – they only needed an occupation. Who knew that “Technical Writer” would be so difficult to explain? (“When you click the Help button – you see my work.”) Do I need to even say that I was very relieved that I got to remain in my seat, but thrilled that Wayne Brady clicked my help button? 

The show was fantastic with lots of big laughs. We had a quick nightcap, dropped by the dance party on the Lido deck, and then headed back to our cabins for a relatively early evening. There is a long day of massages and shopping ahead for us in St. Thomas tomorrow.


Dance Every Day to Chase to Your Blues Away

No comments:

Post a Comment