Friday, January 6, 2012

Thoughts from the Octagon

Ow, ow, ow, ow

Today was my fourth day back in the gym and I have been sticking to my 2012 resolution of hitting the gym in the morning before work. I have also been taking a few aerobic classes at night to get myself back into shape following the holidays. Tonight I took a body combat class followed by a core strengthening class.


A few thoughts occurred to me over the hour:
  • I punch like a girl. A real girlie-girl - not like the highly trained, tough women in this class who have wicked upper cuts and lightning fast jabs.
  • I kick as if I am in a chorus line, but not as gracefully.
  • The abdominal muscle I grew over the holidays is big, but not very strong.
  • I feel as if I were beat and kicked to within an inch of my life by Elena - our muscular, Russian, female instructor.
  • There is already pain - so there must be some gain.
  • Five more weeks to get this body back in shape. There is no place to hide flab in a bathing suit on board a cruise ship. And, my people are very judgmental - you know who you are....

Ow, ow, ow, ow....

No comments:

Post a Comment