Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holiday Hangover

2012 Hangover Recovery Kit - New Year's Eve Party Gift
Tuesday was my first day back to work following the holidays. In order to get an early start on my 2012 resolutions, I was up at 6:00 AM and at the gym by 6:30 for my first workout of the new year. It was cold and dark, but unlike the after work hours, the gym was pretty sparsely populated - just the early morning usual suspects. I was home by 8:00 and in the office all shiny and clean by 9:00 and I was in a great mood.



The day started with the normal holiday stories and recap. As I looked back at all of my holiday events, I realized that my goal of constructive boredom was not actually realized:
  • Dec 24 - Christmas celebration with extended family
  • Dec 25 - Christmas celebration with friends (thanks Janice and Greg for hosting), night with the pub bitches - everyone was there!
  • Dec 26 - Christmas celebration with immediate family (hosted by my sister - well done!)
  • Dec 27 - My Dinner Party
  • Dec 28 - Recovery from Dinner Party and retail therapy
  • Dec 29 - Laser hair removal, lunch with my sister and nieces at the mall, shopping with my nieces at another mall.
  • Dec 30 - Shopping for my birthday followed by birthday celebration with friends at the pub
  • Dec 31 - Dinner with Clodagh and Jerry followed by a few drinks - then Niki and Steve's Awesome New Years Eve Party
  • Jan 1 - Sleep late, meet Rafe and Patricia for New Year's Day lunch at Beasley's (awesome food and I got to meet celebrity chef Ashley Christensen!) De-Christmas the condo, clean condo
  • Jan 2 - Take decorations to Dad's for storage followed by long lunch with Dad in far away Spring Hope, reseal shower, finish laundry, tidy up for beginning of work week.
  • Jan 3 - Back to work

After a bit of thought, I may have to reconsider what retirement could be like. First, I will need to arrange for my new, portable liver to be constructed because this party schedule brought tears to the liver I was born with.  Secondly, I did not accomplish nearly as much as I intended, so a strict schedule will be required. Thirdly, I am going to need a lot more money.

On the bright side, my party muscles have been properly stretched and exercised, so there was no need for the 2012 hangover survival kit so generously provided by Niki and Steve. Now I just need to stay focused on the other muscles to prepare for my next big adventure - a Caribbean cruise scheduled for February with my best buddies - John and Jay.

Happy 2012 to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment